TL7006 : The Cathedral Church of St Mary, St Peter, and St Cedd Chelmsford

taken 12 years ago, near to Chelmsford, Essex, Great Britain

The Cathedral Church of St Mary, St Peter, and St Cedd Chelmsford
The Cathedral Church of St Mary, St Peter, and St Cedd Chelmsford
The first church on the site of the present Cathedral was founded (as was the town of Chelmsford itself) 800 years ago. This church was dedicated to St Mary the Virgin, and was rebuilt in the 15th and early 16th centuries. It became a Cathedral in 1914 when the Diocese of Chelmsford was created to meet the needs of the growing population east of London. In 1954 its dedication was extended to include St Peter and St Cedd.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Andrew Pickess and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TL7006, 221 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 2 September, 2005   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 3 September, 2005
Category
Cathedral   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TL 70 06 [1000m precision]
WGS84: 51:43.8771N 0:28.0525E
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for TL7006) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 510 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register