SE7089 : The Church of St Chad, Hutton-le-Hole

taken 10 years ago, near to Hutton-le-Hole, North Yorkshire, Great Britain

The Church of St Chad, Hutton-le-Hole
The Church of St Chad, Hutton-le-Hole
The village of Hutton-le-Hole is part of the ancient parish of Lastingham. Records show that at the end of the nineteenth century services were being held in the village schoolroom. Then in 1901 a disused Congregationalist chapel, known as Zion Chapel, next to the site of the present church, was purchased by the parish, and this was dedicated to St Chad. In 1934 this was replaced by the present building, and again dedicated to St Chad. It is a chapel-of-ease of Lastingham.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Maigheach-gheal and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SE7089, 174 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 8 July, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 17 July, 2007
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 705 899 [100m precision]
WGS84: 54:18.0068N 0:55.0081W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 705 899
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 70 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register