SW8975 : St Saviour's Church, Trevone

taken 12 years ago, near to Trevone, Cornwall, Great Britain

St Saviour's Church, Trevone
St Saviour's Church, Trevone
This church was built in 1959. The walls are local sandstone, from St Columb Downs. It is iron rich and the iron works outwards as the stone is weathered to give a hard casing. The roof is Delabole slate. It replaced a wooden mission church built in 1894. It is dedicated to St Saviour because there was a St Saviour's Chapel on what is now St Saviour's Point, on the Camel Estuary outside Padstow but inside the Doom Bar.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright David Hawgood and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SW8975, 37 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 4 September, 2005   (more nearby)
Submitted
Thursday, 8 September, 2005
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SW 893 756 [100m precision]
WGS84: 50:32.5270N 4:58.5049W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 99 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register