SJ5095 : St Mary’s Lowe House, St Helens

taken 10 years ago, near to St Helens, Great Britain

St Mary’s Lowe House, St Helens
St Mary’s Lowe House, St Helens
The impressive St Mary’s Lowe House, dubbed “The Poor Man’s Cathedral”, was built using money collected from working class people during the depression. The land on which the present church stands, was donated in 1793 by the widow of John Gorsuch Eccleston of Eccleston Hall (her maiden name was Lowe). The chapel was replaced with the current building, the tower and dome of which dominate the skyline of St Helens.

Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Sue Adair and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ5095, 47 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 22 July, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 31 July, 2007
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 509 958 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:27.3991N 2:44.4544W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 510 958
View Direction
West-northwest (about 292 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (Fourth Visitor for SJ5095)
This page has been viewed about 667 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register