NT5205 : Shankend Viaduct

taken 11 years ago, 5 km from Dodburn, Scottish Borders, Great Britain

This is 1 of 6 images, with title Shankend Viaduct in this square
Shankend Viaduct
Shankend Viaduct
Viewed from a minor road to Shankend Farm, this 15-arched masonry viaduct formed part of the Waverley Railway route from Edinburgh to Carlisle. The line was opened in 1862 and closed in 1969, but the structure is still maintained by BRB (Residual) Limited. About 80% of the viaduct is in NT5205 with the remaining 20% in NT5206.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Walter Baxter and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT5205, 37 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 28 July, 2007   (more nearby)
Tuesday, 31 July, 2007
Viaduct   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 5217 0595 [10m precision]
WGS84: 55:20.7144N 2:45.3441W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 5217 0587
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 368 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register