TA2047 : Parish Church of St. Nicholas, Hornsea

taken 10 years ago, near to Hornsea, East Riding of Yorkshire, Great Britain

Parish Church of St. Nicholas, Hornsea
Parish Church of St. Nicholas, Hornsea
A church was recorded at Hornsea in 1086 and the present church on the north side of Newbegin was dedicated to St. Nicholas by 1390. The much altered building has a 13th century tower with 14th-century battlements and a 15th-century west window. The church was fully restored by Sir G. G. Scott in 18667 when the pinnacles were added to the tower. [ Information from British History Online LinkExternal link ]
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Paul Glazzard and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TA2047, 380 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 3 August, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 5 August, 2007
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TA 201 476 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:54.6601N 0:10.3885W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TA 201 476
View Direction
West-northwest (about 292 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 72 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register