TA2047 : Hall Garth Park, Hornsea

taken 10 years ago, near to Hornsea, East Riding of Yorkshire, Great Britain

Hall Garth Park, Hornsea
Hall Garth Park, Hornsea
The manor house at Hornsea with lands that included Hall Garth was held by St. Mary's Abbey in York until the dissolution of the abbey in 1539, after which it was let by the Crown. In 1650 the hall occupied a two acre site but the buildings had apparently gone by 1696. At inclosure in 1809 Hall Garth became the property of Peter Acklam and later belonged to the Constables of Wassand [information from British History Online]. LinkExternal link Remnants of the moat which probably surrounded the house can still be seen in what is now a public park. There was a nine hole golf course at Hall Garth from 1898 which apparently existed until the 1970s although a new eighteen hole course was constructed at Rolston in 1908.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Paul Glazzard and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TA2047, 380 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 3 August, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 5 August, 2007
Category
Public park   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TA 201 477 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:54.7294N 0:10.3398W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TA 201 477
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 471 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register