SN2232 : Llwynyrhwrdd Independent chapel

taken 10 years ago, near to Tegryn, Pembrokeshire/Sir Benfro, Great Britain

Llwynyrhwrdd Independent chapel
Llwynyrhwrdd Independent chapel
This large chapel stands a short distance south of Tegryn and overlooks Cwm-yr-aur/valley of gold. Ranks of closely packed gravestones stand in rows behind the chapel - perhaps relocated from lower down. The present chapel dates from 1874 although worship began here in 1805. The congregation would have been swollen by large numbers of people drawn to the area by silver-lead mining and slate quarrying.
The name Llwyn-yr-hwrdd means Grove of the Ram.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright ceridwen and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SN2232, 8 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 4 August, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 5 August, 2007
Category
Chapel   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SN 229 326 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:57.8264N 4:34.7516W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SN 229 326
View Direction
SOUTH (about 180 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for SN2232) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 285 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register