ST9526 : The Church of St James, Ansty

taken 10 years ago, near to Ansty, Wiltshire, Great Britain

The Church of St James, Ansty
The Church of St James, Ansty
Ansty has been inhabited from very early days. The name 'Ansty', originally 'Anestige', means 'the way up'. From the year 1211 the Knights Hospitaller settled in Ansty forming a small Commandery. The Ansty property of the Knights Hospitaller, with its church, hospice and manor house, group by the pond, is considered to be a fine example of the layout of a Commandery of the Order of St. John.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Maigheach-gheal and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
ST9526, 44 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 29 July, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 5 August, 2007
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 956 262 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:2.1356N 2:3.8305W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 956 262
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 144 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register