TQ2080 : Goldsmiths' almshouses

taken 1 year ago, near to Acton, Ealing, Great Britain

Goldsmiths' almshouses
Goldsmiths' almshouses
The site dates from the mid-seventeenth century, when it was owned by the famous goldsmith John Perryn. When he died the land was passed over to the Goldsmiths Company, which in 1811 decided to build a collection of almshouses. Twelve were built that year, with an additional eight houses in 1838.

The Goldsmiths buildings were listed in 1981 to protect their architectural value and they are now a major focal point of the Acton Park Conservation area.

In 2011, after years of lying empty, the almshouses were converted into 20 luxury homes by Charterhouse Standard Holdings.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Mark Percy and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ2080, 245 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 11 September, 2016   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 7 November, 2016
Geographical Context
Housing, Dwellings  Suburb, Urban fringe 
Primary Subject of Photo
Houses 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 20833 80395 [1m precision]
WGS84: 51:30.5744N 0:15.6137W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 20833 80395
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 15 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register