TF4066 : St. James; Spilsby, Lincs (+ Church / Boston Roads)

taken 12 years ago, near to Spilsby, Lincolnshire, Great Britain

St. James; Spilsby, Lincs (+ Church / Boston Roads)
St. James; Spilsby, Lincs (+ Church / Boston Roads)
The Parish Church stands on the corner of Church Street and Boston Road. It was built around the beginning of the 14th. Century in the traditional Spilsby sandstone of the area. However, it has been altered many times. Apart from the tower, it was covered with Ancaster stone in 1879.

The church contains memorials of the Willoughby de Eresby family, of Sir John Franklin and his two brothers, Major James Franklin and Sir Willingham Franklin. The six bells date from 1744. More details can be found by visiting the Churchmouse - LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Andrew Telfer and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TF4066, 373 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 11 September, 2005   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 11 September, 2005
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 405 664 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:10.5698N 0:6.0448E
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for TF4066) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 735 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register