SU8504 : Army & Navy Stores, West Street

taken 10 years ago, near to Chichester, West Sussex, Great Britain

Army & Navy Stores, West Street
Army & Navy Stores, West Street
The store is opposite the cathedral and was originally built as a 'Blue Coat' school by Oliver Whitby in 1702. Extensively refurbished in 1904 it became a department store for JD Morant in the late 1940s after premises of theirs in Southsea were bombed. The company was acquired by Army & Navy Stores Ltd in 1955 but retained its name until the 1970s.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Simon Carey and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SU8504, 1004 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 11 August, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 12 August, 2007
Category
Department store   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 859 048 [100m precision]
WGS84: 50:50.2139N 0:46.8548W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 859 048
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 77 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register