SO6768 : St Lawrence Church, Lindridge, Worcestershire

taken 10 months ago, near to Lindridge, Worcestershire, Great Britain

St Lawrence Church, Lindridge, Worcestershire
St Lawrence Church, Lindridge, Worcestershire
All Saints church burnt down some time after 1650 in a fire believed to have started in a bundle of straw used for seating. Following an ancient tradition, churches built on the site subsequently were dedicated to St Lawrence. The present red sandstone church was built in 1862.
Relics of the previous buildings are the four bells. One, a survivor of mediaeval times, is inscribed “Ave Maria Gracia Plena Dominus Tecum” and is stamped with the heads of Henry IV and Queen Margaret. It was cast in Worcester around 1480. The others date from 1626, 1663, and 1702.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Richard Rogerson and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SO6768, 18 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 10 December, 2016   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 31 December, 2016
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Religious sites 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SO 675 689 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:19.0773N 2:28.6748W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SO 675 689
View Direction
West-northwest (about 292 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 17 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register