SE3055 : Cambridge Street, Harrogate, 1981

taken 37 years ago, near to Harrogate, North Yorkshire, Great Britain

Cambridge Street, Harrogate, 1981
Cambridge Street, Harrogate, 1981
Cambridge Street looking towards the former West Yorkshire bus station.
The building on the right, with the Boots signs, was the Gaumont Cinema that opened in October 1920, as La Scala and changed its name to the Gaumont in 1950.
The white building on the left was Marks & Spencer, facing Woolworth's across the road; during the 1940s and '50s Woolworth's was next door to M&S on the same side of the road.
On the extreme left is a tiny part of St Peter's Church.
The Market Hall, with the clock tower, was demolished to make way for the Victoria Shopping Centre.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Anthony Eden and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SE3055, 1125 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
1981   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 14 August, 2007
Category
Town centre   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 302 553 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:59.5879N 1:32.4240W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 301 553
View Direction
East-southeast (about 112 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 1103 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register