SN2132 : Old railway halt

taken 10 years ago, near to Hermon, Pembrokeshire/Sir Benfro, Great Britain

Old railway halt
Old railway halt
This is all that remains of the halt at Glogue. It appears to have been incorporated into a private garden but the old platform is clearly visible.

The Whitland & Taf Vale Railway was incorporated on 1 July 1869 to extend its line to Crymych. The Engineer was James Weekes Szlumper of Aberystwyth.
The line opened to Glogue on 24 March 1873 and to Crymych in October 1874; in both cases for freight. Passenger services had to wait until 12 July 1875. The line was closed in 1962.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright ceridwen and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SN2132, 16 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 12 August, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Wednesday, 15 August, 2007
Category
Railway station (disused)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SN 216 325 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:57.7587N 4:35.8658W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SN 216 325
View Direction
WEST (about 270 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 233 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register