NX3260 : Kirkcowan Parish Church

taken 11 months ago, near to Kirkcowan, Dumfries And Galloway, Great Britain

Kirkcowan Parish Church
Kirkcowan Parish Church
At the west end of the village, built in 1834 to replace a former church, of which only an ivy-clad east gable remains in its kirkyard (east end of village). The present church is a harled T-plan building with external stairs at the east and west gables leading to two galleries. A tower at the north side. Inside, three galleries in all, supported by marbled cast-iron columns. Tall pulpit of 1834 and a late 19th-century chamber organ by J & A Mirrlees, brought here in 1966.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Colin Kinnear and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NX3260, 92 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 23 October, 2016   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 24 January, 2017
Geographical Context
Religious sites 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NX 3272 6095 [10m precision]
WGS84: 54:54.9090N 4:36.6774W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NX 3280 6094
View Direction
West-northwest (about 292 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 11 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register