NS9880 : Original Kinneil Church (suppressed 1669)

near to Bo'ness, Falkirk, Great Britain

Original Kinneil Church (suppressed 1669)
Original Kinneil Church (suppressed 1669)
The church was built in the reign of Malcolm IV (1153-65) and under the control of the Abbey of Holyrood. The parish was suppressed in 1669 as it was too close to the new mansion (Kinneil House) being built for the Duchess of Hamilton. The congregation and its village were moved 2 miles to the town of Bo'ness. The church building then became a private chapel to Kinneil House until it was burnt down (accidentally) by a group of Dragoons billeted there in 1745.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Tom Sargent and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2003
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NS9880, 42 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (Second Visitor for NS9880)
Date Taken
Sunday, 23 February, 2003   (more nearby)
Submitted
Wednesday, 15 August, 2007
Category
Church (ruined)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 981 805 [100m precision]
WGS84: 56:0.4001N 3:38.1066W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 980 804
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

This page has been viewed about 65 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register
please donate