SJ8294 : St Werburgh's Parish Hall

taken 8 months ago, near to Chorlton-Cum-Hardy, Manchester, Great Britain

St Werburgh's Parish Hall
St Werburgh's Parish Hall
St Werburgh's, Chorlton cum Hardy was founded in 1900.

Prior to the Normandy invasion in 1944, St Werburgh's Church Hall was used as a base for US army legal staff billeted in nearby houses before they went over to Germany with the occupation forces to deal with war crimes.

Genuki: LinkExternal link
Church website: LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Gerald England and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ8294, 25 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image Type ?
type:geograph 
Date Taken
Saturday, 1 October, 2016   (more nearby)
Submitted
Friday, 12 May, 2017
Geographical Context
Religious sites 
Date (from Tags)
1944  1900 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 8233 9408 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:26.5914N 2:16.0493W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 8234 9405
View Direction
Northwest (about 315 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Parish Church  US Army 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

This page has been viewed about 1 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register