SJ8294 : St Werburgh's churchyard

taken 8 months ago, near to Chorlton-Cum-Hardy, Manchester, Great Britain

St Werburgh's churchyard
St Werburgh's churchyard

The church was founded in 1900. Prior to the Normandy invasion in 1944, St Werburgh's Church Hall was used as a base for US army legal staff billeted in nearby houses before they went over to Germany with the occupation forces to deal with war crimes.

Genuki: LinkExternal link
Church website: LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Gerald England and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ8294, 25 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image Type ?
type:geograph 
Date Taken
Saturday, 1 October, 2016   (more nearby)
Submitted
Friday, 12 May, 2017
Geographical Context
Religious sites 
Date (from Tags)
1900  1944 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 8228 9404 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:26.5697N 2:16.0944W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 8227 9404
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Parish Church  US Army  Churchyard 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

This page has been viewed about 2 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register