SJ9494 : White Lion

taken 1 year ago, near to Hyde, Tameside, Great Britain

White Lion
White Lion
The White Lion opened around 1840 but was partially demolished in 1890 when the present pub with its brown tiled facade was built. It was owned by Kay's Atlas Brewery of Longsight which was later taken over by Robinsons. It has always been a popular pub with its older clientele and wheelchair access is provided. At lunchtime it offers a range of "pensioner's specials".
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Gerald England and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ9494, 1774 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 29 October, 2016   (more nearby)
Submitted
Thursday, 18 May, 2017
Geographical Context
Business, Retail, Services 
Date (from Tags)
1840  1890 
Brewer (from Tags)
Atlas  Robinsons 
Weather (from Tags)
Rain 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 9485 9498 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:27.0932N 2:4.7409W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 9485 9497
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Public House  Wheelchair Access  Reflections 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 3 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register