TQ3763 : St Mary's, Addington Village, CR0

taken 12 years ago, near to Addington, Croydon, Great Britain

St Mary's, Addington Village, CR0
St Mary's, Addington Village, CR0
The church of St. Mary the Blessed Virgin, Addington, is over 900 years old. Five archbishops of Canterbury lie buried here. The chancel is the oldest part of the church, built around 1080. The pre-Raphaelite wall painting was completed in 1898, as part of a memorial to Archbishop Benson. This photograph was taken during a concert performed as part of the church's arts festival (soloist: Miho Hakamata).
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Philip Talmage and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ3763, 79 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 11 September, 2005   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 19 September, 2005
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 37 63 [1000m precision]
WGS84: 51:21.2367N 0:1.6056W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 270 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register