NY4102 : Troutbeck church

taken 1 month ago, near to Troutbeck, Cumbria, Great Britain

Troutbeck church
Troutbeck church
The origin of this Church is lost, but it certainly existed in 1506. Instead of the usual dedication to a patron saint, it has the unusual name of ‘Jesus Church’. The whole Church was dismantled and rebuilt in 1736, and a major restoration took place in 1861. The massive beams are almost certainly from the original Church. Also remaining from the original is the tiny three light window in the tower. In the gallery hang the Coat of Arms of George II, painted on wood in 1737.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Colin Kinnear and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NY4102, 78 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 17 September, 2017   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 19 September, 2017
Geographical Context
Religious sites  Burial ground, Crematorium 
Primary Subject of Photo
Church 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NY 4131 0281 [10m precision]
WGS84: 54:25.0398N 2:54.3550W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NY 4125 0277
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 6 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register