TQ0194 : Tin chapel, Chiltern Open Air Museum

taken 2 months ago, near to Heronsgate, Hertfordshire, Great Britain

Tin chapel, Chiltern Open Air Museum
Tin chapel, Chiltern Open Air Museum
The Mission Room was built in 1886, on ground let to the Rector and Church wardens of Chinnor by Magdalen College, Oxford, “for the purpose of a mission room" at an annual rent of one shilling.

The prefabricated building, which is in timber-framed sections bolted together with an external cladding of corrugated iron, was supplied by Boulton and Paul of Norwich.

The chapel was used for services until the 1970s and was dismantled in October 1993. It was reconstructed at the Open Air Museum between 1994 and 1997.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Mark Percy and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ0194, 139 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 17 September, 2017   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 22 October, 2017
Geographical Context
Religious sites 
Primary Subject of Photo
Chapel 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 01064 94070 [1m precision]
WGS84: 51:38.1821N 0:32.4633W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 01064 94070
View Direction
East-southeast (about 112 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 1 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register