NT7040 : Hume Cemetery

taken 27 days ago, near to Hume, Scottish Borders, Great Britain

Hume Cemetery
Hume Cemetery
A church, dedicated to St Nicholas by Robert, bishop of St Andrews, in 1147, was built on this site before 1127. The last recorded use of the church was in 1640 and it is believed to have been destroyed by Cromwell in 1673. There are some good old symbolic stones in the cemetery together with some more modern gravestones. (Source: information board on site).
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Walter Baxter and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT7040, 14 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 19 November, 2017   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 20 November, 2017
Geographical Context
Burial ground, Crematorium 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 7002 4075 [10m precision]
WGS84: 55:39.5603N 2:28.6839W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 7000 4075
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image Type (about): geograph  · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 10 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register