SO0409 : Pontsarn & Vaynor station, Merthyr Tydfil

taken 13 years ago, near to Vaynor, Merthyr Tydfil/Merthyr Tudful, Great Britain

Pontsarn & Vaynor station, Merthyr Tydfil
Pontsarn & Vaynor station, Merthyr Tydfil
Pontsarn & Vaynor station was on the Morlais Junction to Merthyr line jointly operated by the Brecon & Merthyr Tydfil Junction and the London & North Western Railways. The line made its way around the west and north sides of Merthyr by following the valleys of the Afon Taff and the Afon Taf Fechan. The station was renamed Pontsarn Halt in 1953 and closed in 1961.
Most of the route is now a cycleway, part of NCN8.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Ralph Rawlinson and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SO0409, 39 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 27 November, 2004   (more nearby)
Submitted
Thursday, 22 September, 2005
Category
Railway station (disused)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SO 044 098 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:46.7203N 3:23.2278W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for SO0409) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 321 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register