TQ0156 : Broadmead Bridge

near to Send, Surrey, Great Britain

Broadmead Bridge
Broadmead Bridge
The Broadmead Bridge carries the A247 road over the original channel of the River Wey. This bridge was built in 1925 and was refurbished in 2004. Its predecessor was a primitive wooden affair, built in 1825. In 1873 a steam engine and threshing machine fell through the side of it and three men were killed. The old river channel marks the boundary between the Borough of Guildford (this side) and the Borough of Woking. Looking N towards Old Woking.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Ron Strutt and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ0156, 104 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Date Taken
Sunday, 2 October, 2005   (more nearby)
Monday, 3 October, 2005
Bridge   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 019 568 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:18.0727N 0:32.3742W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 019 567
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 187 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
Get Involved