SO1741 : Maes-y-ronnen Chapel, Glasbury

near to Ciltwrch, Powys, Great Britain

Maes-y-ronnen Chapel, Glasbury
Maes-y-ronnen Chapel, Glasbury
This was an Independent Chapel founded around 1696 in place of an old barn where meetings were held in secret from before 1672, probably from the late 16C or early 17C. It is the oldest unaltered non-conformist meeting place still in use in Wales. The chapel is a plain building 15 m by 7 m, attached to a farmhouse; there is a cruck frame in the wall between them. The roof was replaced 18C and the stone flagged floor 19C. It is has 18 & 19C furniture including box pews and narrow benches for the children. It is now (1998) used by the United Reformed Church.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Humphrey Bolton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SO1741, 8 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (First for SO1741)
First in 5 Years (TPoint) ?
Date Taken
November 1998   (more nearby)
Wednesday, 5 October, 2005
Chapel   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SO 176 410 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:3.6736N 3:12.1993W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 141 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
Get Involved