NY5959 : Disused Quarry at Clowgill, Nr Brampton, Cumbria

taken 15 years ago, near to Hallbankgate, Cumbria, Great Britain

Disused Quarry at Clowgill, Nr Brampton, Cumbria
Disused Quarry at Clowgill, Nr Brampton, Cumbria
This quarry was served by the Talkin & Tarnhouse branch of Lord Carlisle's Railway which opened in stages from 1798. In 1947 the mines and railway came under the control of the NCB but six years later, after being in use for 155 years, mining ceased and the railway closed.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Ralph Rawlinson and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NY5959, 7 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 2 March, 2003   (more nearby)
Submitted
Thursday, 6 October, 2005
Category
Quarry (disused)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NY 591 591 [100m precision]
WGS84: 54:55.4941N 2:38.3820W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for NY5959) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 401 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register