TR2846 : The Winding House, Waldershare

taken 10 years ago, near to Coldred, Kent, Great Britain

The Winding House, Waldershare
The Winding House, Waldershare
The Winding House was built around 1906 for a private mining company set up to extract coal from seams surrounding Waldershare Park, the home of the Earl of Guilford. The Guilford Colliery, as it was called, closed in the 1920s without ever bringing any coal up because of difficulties with transport, a shortage of housing and flooding. The coal seam in Waldershare Park was eventually reached from the colliery at Tilmanstone
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Nick Smith and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TR2846, 19 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 15 December, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Friday, 21 December, 2007
Category
Mine (disused)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TR 281 468 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:10.5354N 1:15.7551E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TR 281 468
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 135 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register