TL8563 : Wool warehouse plaque

taken 10 years ago, near to Bury st Edmunds, Suffolk, Great Britain

Wool warehouse plaque
Wool warehouse plaque
In the Middle Ages Bury St Edmunds was a wool-manufacturing town. The Wool Warehouse in St Andrew's Street South, now converted to offices, dates from a later period, 1792, according to this plaque above the gateway. Interestingly, the Star of David appears at the top left of the plaque; the old Jewish quarter of Bury St Edmunds was close to this point, in Hatter Street.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Bob Jones and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TL8563, 256 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 23 December, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 23 December, 2007
Category
Plaque   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TL 852 639 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:14.5271N 0:42.6767E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TL 852 639
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 65 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register