SU5397 : The Carfax Conduit

taken 10 years ago, near to Radley, Oxfordshire, Great Britain

The Carfax Conduit
The Carfax Conduit
This elaborate stone Jacobean structure of 1610, possibly based on a Renaissance triumphal arch, was given to Earl Harcourt and set up in the park in 1787. It formerly stood at Carfax in Oxford, dispensing fresh water.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Andy Stephenson and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SU5397, 37 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 11 November, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 30 December, 2007
Category
Architectural feature   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 537 976 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:40.5133N 1:13.4794W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 535 977
View Direction
East-southeast (about 112 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (Second Visitor for SU5397)
This page has been viewed about 134 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register