TQ0107 : Remains of Dominican Friary

taken 10 years ago, near to Arundel, West Sussex, Great Britain

Remains of Dominican Friary
Remains of Dominican Friary
Once thought to be the remains of the former Holy Trinity Hospital and still marked on some maps as Maison Dieu it is now believed to be the last remnant of a friary built in 1253. Located in the very corner of the grid square between Mill Road and the River Arun.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Simon Carey and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ0107, 907 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 30 December, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 31 December, 2007
Category
Friary   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 019 070 [100m precision]
WGS84: 50:51.2283N 0:33.1556W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 019 070
View Direction
Northeast (about 45 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 58 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register