SU9343 : Peper Harow House

taken 11 years ago, near to Peper Harow, Surrey, Great Britain

Peper Harow House
Peper Harow House
Peper Harow House was built by Sir William Chambers in 1765. The estate was the home of the Earls of Midleton until the line died out. It became a home for disturbed adolescents, but has now been converted into flats.

The name Peper Harow comes from Old English Pipers Hearg, approximately meaning "Pagan Temple".
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Mark Percy and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SU9343, 13 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 8 April, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 5 January, 2008
Category
Historic building   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 935 439 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:11.2060N 0:39.7431W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 936 441
View Direction
South-southwest (about 202 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 369 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register