SK9771 : Christ's Hospital

taken 10 years ago, near to Lincoln, Lincolnshire, Great Britain

Christ's Hospital
Christ's Hospital
Also known as 'The Bluecoat School', Christ's Hospital was founded in 1612 with an endowment from the will of Dr.Richard Smith, for 6 poor boys and 6 poor girls to be boarded, fed, clothed and educated under the care of an usher and a matron. Further endowments allowed the school to expand to accommodate 120 scholars at one point, but it closed as a school in 1883. This building is by William Lumby in 1784, now part of the University of Lincoln.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Richard Croft and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SK9771, 4035 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 5 January, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Wednesday, 9 January, 2008
Category
Historic building   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 976 717 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:14.0232N 0:32.2728W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 977 717
View Direction
West-northwest (about 292 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 52 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register