NO6241 : Mortuary Chapel

taken 13 years ago, near to Arbroath, Angus, Great Britain

This is 1 of 5 images, with title Mortuary Chapel in this square
Mortuary Chapel
Mortuary Chapel
Situated in Arbroath's Western Cemetery the Mortuary Chapel was designed and built in 1884 by the owner of Hospitalfield House, Patrick Allan-Fraser as a mausoleum for himself and his family. A grand edifice of neo-Gothic architecture, the Chapel has stonework, created by Fraser's stonemason, John Peters, unrivalled by anything in Scotland, including carvings of a traditional Highland funeral procession. It was gifted to Arbroath Town Council as a non-denominational chapel.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Dominic Dawn Harry and Jacob Paterson and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NO6241, 17 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 15 October, 2005   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 15 October, 2005
Category
Mausoleum   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NO 62 41 [1000m precision]
WGS84: 56:33.8372N 2:36.7068W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for NO6241) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 942 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register