SJ0579 : Bethel Chapel on Waterfall Road, Dyserth

taken 10 years ago, near to Dyserth, Denbighshire/Sir Ddinbych, Great Britain

Bethel Chapel on Waterfall Road, Dyserth
Bethel Chapel on Waterfall Road, Dyserth
Redundant chapel, built in 1823 for the Presbyterians. It is next to the Red Lion Inn. In 1867 William Shipley-Conwy of Bodrhyddan Hall gave some adjoining land so that the chapel could be enlarged. The congregation were so pleased that 300 of them walked to the hall to thank Mr Shipley-Conwy and sang to him on the lawn.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Eirian Evans and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ0579, 41 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 11 January, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 13 January, 2008
Category
Chapel (disused)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 056 792 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:18.0785N 3:25.0788W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 056 792
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 81 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register