SU2995 : Faringdon Folly Tower, Faringdon

taken 10 years ago, near to Faringdon, Oxfordshire, Great Britain

Faringdon Folly Tower, Faringdon
Faringdon Folly Tower, Faringdon
The folly was built in 1935 by Gerald, 14th Lord Berners. It is 100 feet (30 metres) high and it was intended to have no purpose whatsoever. In the event it was used during the second world war as an observation post by the Home Guard. It remained bricked up until 1983 when it was restored and re-opened. Normally open the first Sunday of each month between Easter and October (and BH Mondays), it was open today as a special occasion. Note the light on the top.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Brian Robert Marshall and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SU2995, 63 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 13 January, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 13 January, 2008
Category
Folly   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 297 956 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:39.5311N 1:34.2617W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 297 956
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 98 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register