TQ1730 : The ghost of the King of Prussia

taken 10 years ago, near to Horsham, West Sussex, Great Britain

The ghost of the King of Prussia
The ghost of the King of Prussia
These two shops occupy what was once the King of Prussia public house. The two bow windows originally were bays windows running up from the ground floor with the pub's entrance between them. A photograph from 1912 shows that the building had by then become the home of the Carfax Club. At some time after that the ground floor bay windows were removed and a passageway knocked through (where Johnsons the Cleaners is today) to provide access to the Central Market behind. Horsham's Wimpy bar occupied the remaining ground floor space. The closing of the Central Market meant the passageway could be converted back for commercial use. To the right is TQ1730 : Medieval hall-house in the Carfax.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Andy Potter and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ1730, 971 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 29 July, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 20 January, 2008
Category
Public house (converted)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 17342 30600 [1m precision]
WGS84: 51:3.7653N 0:19.6112W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 17315 30615
View Direction
East-southeast (about 112 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 108 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register