SO6629 : Former chapel, now an art gallery

taken 10 years ago, near to Kempley, Gloucestershire, Great Britain

Former chapel, now an art gallery
Former chapel, now an art gallery
The former Methodist Chapel was built in 1855 and the smaller vestry (with the round window) was added in 1885. The chapel remained a place of worship until 1971 when it was purchased by local bakers and became the village shop. By the mid eighties the building was once again on the market and was eventually purchased and used as an architect's office. By 2003 the building became a live/work unit and is now the home of the Artimagination Gallery and Airbrush Studio. LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Pauline E and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SO6629, 37 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 20 January, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 21 January, 2008
Category
Chapel (converted)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SO 665 290 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:57.5515N 2:29.2660W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SO 665 290
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (Second Visitor for SO6629)
This page has been viewed about 59 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register