TQ1769 : Coronation Stone

taken 10 years ago, near to Kingston Upon Thames, Great Britain

Coronation Stone
Coronation Stone
Thought to have been used for the coronation of up to seven Saxon kings in the tenth Century. The stone was originally kept in St. Mary’s parish church until its collapse in 1730 when the buildings foundations were undermined by grave digging. The stone was then placed in the market square and used as a mounting block for horsemen in the nineteenth Century before being moved to the grounds of the guildhall and installed as a monument in 1935.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Mark Percy and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ1769, 401 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 3 November, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 21 January, 2008
Category
Historical item   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 178 690 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:24.4680N 0:18.4623W
View Direction
WEST (about 270 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 134 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register