SU8604 : Council House, North Street

taken 10 years ago, near to Chichester, West Sussex, Great Britain

Council House, North Street
Council House, North Street
Built in 1731 to replace an older Market House on the site and the Guildhall. The building was extended in the 1780s when the city's assembley rooms were moved from North Pallant to this site. Underneath the arches and added to the wall of the building is an old tablet dedicated to Neptune and Minerva dug up when the site was excavated.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Simon Carey and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SU8604, 760 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 20 January, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 22 January, 2008
Category
Historic building   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 861 049 [100m precision]
WGS84: 50:50.2503N 0:46.7175W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 860 049
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 23 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register