SU8504 : The Deanery, The Close

taken 10 years ago, near to Chichester, West Sussex, Great Britain

The Deanery, The Close
The Deanery, The Close
Taken from Canon Lane and built in 1725 to replace the former medieval deanery which had been built into the city walls and ruined during the 1642 siege of the city. Behind the photographer is St Richard's Walk which follows a straight line from The Deanery towards the cloister. Much of the south west quadrant of the old city was occupied by the cathedral and its close and due to the inner gates was often seen as a separate entity.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Simon Carey and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SU8504, 1000 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 20 January, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Friday, 25 January, 2008
Category
Historic building   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 859 046 [100m precision]
WGS84: 50:50.1062N 0:46.8746W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 859 046
View Direction
South-southwest (about 202 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 21 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register