TG0803 : The former St James' Church

taken 10 years ago, near to Crownthorpe, Norfolk, Great Britain

The former St James' Church
The former St James' Church
The church of St James formerly functioned as a chapel of ease to > TG0602 : The church of St Andrew and All Saints in Wicklewood; it became redundant during the 1970s and is now a private residence. For more information see: LinkExternal link

In Kelly's Directory for Cambridgeshire, Norfolk & Suffolk (1883, p.284), the church of St. James is described as "a small stone edifice, in the Early English style: it has chancel and nave, with square tower containing 1 bell, and contains an oak pulpit with three richly carved panels: in 1844 the church was new roofed and fitted with open seats and in 1880 was again re-seated and the interior thoroughly restored."
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Evelyn Simak and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TG0803, 50 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 2 February, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 2 February, 2008
Category
Church or chapel (converted)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TG 083 031 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:35.1566N 1:4.4378E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TG 083 031
View Direction
South-southeast (about 157 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (Second Visitor for TG0803)
This page has been viewed about 73 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register