SJ6088 : Palmyra Square, Queen's Gardens

taken 10 years ago, near to Warrington, Great Britain

Palmyra Square, Queen's Gardens
Palmyra Square, Queen's Gardens
Queen's Gardens were formerly private residential gardens in Palmyra Square and were purchased in 1897 to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Warrington Borough Council and Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee. They opened to the public on 17th October 1898. A wealthy local businessman, Robert Garnett donated the appropriate centrepiece, a Queen Victoria Jubilee cast iron drinking fountain by MacFarlane's of Glasgow (identical to the one on Hoylake promenade).
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Sue Adair and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ6088, 284 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 2 February, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 3 February, 2008
Category
Gardens > Gardens   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 603 880 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:23.2515N 2:35.8301W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 602 880
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 140 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register