SJ6088 : Warrington Town Hall

taken 10 years ago, near to Warrington, Great Britain

Warrington Town Hall
Warrington Town Hall
The present town hall was purchased in 1872, formerly Bank Hall the seat of the Patten family erected in 1750 and designed by James Gibbs. It is a fine specimen of a large classical country house with good plaster wall and ceiling decorations and a pediment on the front bearing the Patten arms. The hall and gardens were originally surrounded by a high wall and could not be seen from Sankey Street, fortunately in 1893, Mr Frederick Monks, a member of the Council and director of Monks Hall Foundry, saw some magnificent gates on one of his visits to Ironbridge. Originally exhibited by the Coalbrookdale Company at the International Exhibition in London in 1862, he offered them as a gift to the Council and they have graced the Sankey Street frontage ever since.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Sue Adair and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ6088, 284 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 2 February, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 3 February, 2008
Category
Town Hall   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 601 882 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:23.3962N 2:36.0216W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 601 881
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 120 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register