TQ2588 : The Jewish cemetery, Hoop Lane

taken 10 years ago, near to Golders Green, Barnet, Great Britain

The Jewish cemetery, Hoop Lane
The Jewish cemetery, Hoop Lane
The Jewish cemetery here was opened in 1897, a few years before the Crematorium which stands across the road. The West London Synagogue of British Jews and the Spanish and Portuguese Jews' Congregation own the cemetery and the grounds are physically divided in two, so that the graves and prayer halls for each congregation are separate: the Sephardic on the right (here) and the Ashkenazi on the left hand side.
The sign here is the Hebrew prayer to be said upon entering a cemetery.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright ceridwen and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ2588, 313 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 27 January, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 3 February, 2008
Category
Cemetery > Cemetery   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 252 881 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:34.7149N 0:11.6568W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 252 881
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 862 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register