SP0135 : The Old Rectory, Dumbleton

taken 10 years ago, near to Dumbleton, Gloucestershire, Great Britain

The Old Rectory, Dumbleton
The Old Rectory, Dumbleton
The Old Rectory in Dumbleton is a substantial building dating from around 1700 with the south wing being half-timbered and dating from the late 16th century making it Dumbleton's oldest house. In her book, 'The Blacksmith's Daughter', Susan Oldacre suggests:

'some of the timbers are said to have come from old ships in Tewkesbury Dock nine miles away'.

The house is now divided into two.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Philip Halling and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SP0135, 113 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 2 February, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 3 February, 2008
Category
Rectory   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 017 359 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:1.3126N 1:58.5807W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 017 359
View Direction
West-northwest (about 292 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 176 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register