SE6052 : The Minster Library

taken 11 years ago, near to York, Great Britain

The Minster Library
The Minster Library
The oldest part of the Minster Library is partially covered in scaffolding, but was originally part of the Archbishop's Palace, and was built as a chapel in 1230-40. The building was a near ruin when William Shout, master mason of the Minster, restored it & added to it in 1806-13.
The gardens are from the Deanery, built in 1938, that is hidden behind the trees.
The Minster is framed well by these buildings.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Matthew Hatton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SE6052, 1566 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 3 February, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 3 February, 2008
Category
Library   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 602 522 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:57.7642N 1:4.9537W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 602 524
View Direction
SOUTH (about 180 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 21 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register