SE5951 : St. Leonards or Lendal Tower

taken 11 years ago, near to York, Great Britain

St. Leonards or Lendal Tower
St. Leonards or Lendal Tower
Started in the 1300's, the only side of the tower that has not been vastly altered through the centuries is the riverside. The tower was occupied by a series of ferrymen and their families, until Lendal Bridge was opened in 1863.
A chain was strung between here and Barker Tower on the west bank to act as a defence & to tax river traffic.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Matthew Hatton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SE5951, 1508 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 3 February, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 4 February, 2008
Category
Tower   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 599 519 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:57.6262N 1:5.2402W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 599 519
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 26 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register