TL1702 : Broad Colney: All Saints Pastoral Centre

near to Shenleybury, Hertfordshire, Great Britain

Broad Colney: All Saints Pastoral Centre
Broad Colney: All Saints Pastoral Centre
The building on the right was completed in 1901 as a convent for the All Saints Sisters of the Poor, an Anglican order, to the design of Leonard Stokes. The Chapel on the left was added between 1921 and 1928 to the design of the renowned church architect, Sir Ninian Comper (1864-1960), and extended by his son Sebastian Comper between 1960 and 1964. It is therefore, unsurprisingly, known as the Comper Chapel. The whole building was acquired by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Westminster in 1973, and today caters for both residential and non-residential conferences, meetings and retreats, mainly from religious organizations. LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Nigel Cox and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2008
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TL1702, 20 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (Second Visitor for TL1702)
Date Taken
Sunday, 10 February, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 10 February, 2008
Category
Religious buildings > Religious buildings   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TL 175 027 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:42.6443N 0:18.0459W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TL 176 027
View Direction
West-northwest (about 292 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

This page has been viewed about 785 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register